Prof. MUDr. Radim Černý, CSc. (Faculty of Medicine UK, Pilsen)
German-speaking Medical Chemists and Biochemists at Charles University in Prague
Charles University in Prague was founded in 1348 as medieval university where the communication was in Latin. In 1783 one of the numerous reforms of Emperor Josef II was the introduction of German language to all the higher education institutions in the country. This was also the time when chemistry as an exact science appeared and was taught and exercised even in Prague. After the split into German and Czech Charles-Ferdinand University in 1882 the German education and research continued until 1945. The presentation tries to remind at least the most important representatives of chemistry and biochemistry at German University in Prague.